Friday 8 April 2011

Have you ever broken a promise? And if so why?

"Due to my own devastating insecurities and my overwhelming daddy issues...said by Ben.


"Because of time, distance and space, they disenable me..." said by Yutong.


"When I was really young the iron was on the table and it was really hot and my mum and my grandmother told me not to touch it, so I said okay and then when they left for like a second I of course touched it and it HURT! And then they put some burn spray on my hand which really stung. Play with fire (or irons) and you get hurt.said by Marianne


"I broke a promise. A promise to myself. I promised myself I won't think about that bastard again. But I get so angry over him whenever I remember what he did" said by Kai.


"I promised him that I won't leave him unless I found someone better that him. But I left him before I found that someone" said by Kai.


Below, you will find a conversation I had with my friend Lucy:
  • Camille 
    • have u ever broken a promise? if so why?
  • Lucy
    • yeah i think so, but never a big promise i've told people gossip when i know its not really going to hurt anyone
    • but that is when i was younger
    • otherwise noone asks me to keep promises now
  • Camille
    • lol
  • Camille
    • ok thank you
    • thats helpful
  • Lucy
    • but i guess there are sort of unspoken promises that you automatically keep
    • that sounds deep haha
  • Lucy
    • but you know like if you're married its a promise and if you cheat or divorce or whatever its broken
  • Camille
    • yh
  • Lucy 
    • but im not married
  • Camille 
    • that was one of my examples at first
    • looool
  • Lucy
    • haha
    • and i dont really know if you could call it a promise but like a promise to your family that you wont be a dick or disown them or go to prison or something but that doesnt really fit

"Depends what kind of promises. I like to think that is part of my traits as a friend is that if i have promised to do something i will move hell or high water to do so, unless its something stupid like doing the washing up. Its quite a big deal for me because i can't deal with flaky people that promise the world and commit to everything, I'd rather wait to the last minute and say yes than say yes yes yes yes yes no" said by Hari.

No comments: